“Our concern is that there may be other victims out there and we encourage them to come forward.”
The squad established Strike Force Honda in September after a 24-year-old woman was allegedly sexually assaulted by a man known to her while working at a Campbelltown gym.
During the investigation, detectives linked Glumac with the alleged sexual assaults of two more women – aged 21 and 19 – and two teenage girls – aged 16 and 15 between August 2013 and March 2020.
The alleged attacks occurred across Sydney in Tahmoor, Picton, Darlinghurst and Campbelltown.
After an “extensive amount of work” and a “meticulous amount of evidence had been captured”, detectives executed a search warrant at a unit and vehicle and arrested Glumac in Campbelltown about 7.30am on Wednesday.
Detectives seized mobile phones and other electronic devices, which will undergo further examination.
Glumac was taken to Campbelltown Police Station where he was charged with 15 offences.
“The offender met the women through a number of different means, both through his employment, at parties and clubs, as well as mutual friends and the like,” Detective Chief Inspector Haddow said.
“It’s a significantly serious crime type, the victims are getting the support they need and we will continue to work with them during the court process.”
Glumac was refused bail to appear at Campbelltown Local Court on Thursday. Investigations continue.
One of his neighbours told Nine News: “I’m shocked as, yeah, because I was mates with him as well, I had a few drinks with him”.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
Esther Han is a journalist at The Sydney Morning Herald. She has covered state politics, health and consumer affairs.