“Obviously there is a lot of concern about this emerging outbreak in Sydney,” he said.
Queensland Chief Health Officer Jeannette Young will monitor the situation over the next 24 hours to inform her decisions about restrictions.
“Anyone in Queensland who might be planning Christmas travel to that region, we would just urge you to take caution, to consider waiting out that 24 hours to see whether this cluster gets any worse,” Mr Miles said.
“Because over that period of time the Chief Health Officer will need to consider whether other steps need to be put in place.”
Anyone in Queensland who has been in Sydney since December 13 has been asked to check a list of places visited by positive cases.
Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk has previously said there would need to be “a major outbreak” for the borders to close again.
Queensland removed all interstate border restrictions on December 12.
More to come