He was issued a move-on notice by officers in the early hours of Saturday morning in the Northbridge entertainment precinct, which led to the 20-year-old being charged over the alleged quarantine breach.

After a magistrate refused his bail application on Sunday, Stack was transferred from the Perth Watchhouse to Hakea Prison, where – under the prison’s policy – he is required to restart his 14 days quarantine in an isolated cell.

During a brief hearing in the Perth Magistrates Court on Monday, Stack’s matter was discussed in his absence, with the duty lawyer revealing Hakea Prison does not allow people in custody for COVID-related breaches to leave their cell to appear via video link.

Magistrate Jennifer Hawkins adjourned the matter until January 6, “given Mr Stack is unable to speak”.

Outside court, his manager, Paul Peos, said he was worried about Stack’s short-term health while in custody.

“It’s been very difficult to have communication and we’re very disappointed but we’ll continue to try and engage with him as best we can,” he said.

“He’s having a very difficult time but it’s the consequences of the times we’re in, these are the charges and this is what he has to do.

“He did not sound OK, he sounded very distressed and very upset.”

Asked about Stack’s career and the remaining year left on his contract at Richmond, Mr Peos said he had been in regular contact with the club since the weekend.

“Football’s a little bit further ahead, we’ve got to deal with the current matters from now to January 6,” he said, adding the time in custody may lead to Stack missing his return flight to Melbourne.

Loading

During his first court appearance on Sunday, Stack told the Magistrate he had returned to WA for cultural healing and stayed at the Northam address for two days, where he had a disagreement with his grandmother before moving to Belmont to stay with other family members.

Stack told his lawyer if he was allowed out on bail he wouldn’t “step a toe out of line”, adding: “My AFL career is on the line.”

The rising star’s career is hanging in the balance after being caught up in another COVID-19 scandal.

In September he was caught breaching the AFL Gold Coast hub rules when he got in a fight outside a strip club while ordering a kebab.

He was banned for 10 matches over the indiscretion and at the time, during a heartfelt apology, said his actions were “very out of line of me and something I would never do again”.

Richmond Football Club released a statement on Sunday, stating it was aware of the charge, but would not be comment further while the court process was underway.

Most Viewed in National

Loading



Source link

Categories: Daily Updates

0 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *